Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Aerobic Exercise For Overall Body Wellness

James Brown's lyrics - "get up off of that thang...... dance and you'll feel betta" is what we all need to be doing. That or some other form of aerobic exercise that gets our heart beat up for at least 30 minutes.

Aerobic exercise is one of the most effective forms of exercise for increasing our heart and lung health and for maintaining or losing weight. Exercise is therefore one of the key ingredients in maintaining overall body wellness.

Making exercise fun is half the battle. For me it's dancing. I love, love, love to dance and Latin dancing is my new favorite passion. Why? Because it is a whole lot of fun. My husband and I went Latin dancing at a local gig last Saturday and we definitely worked up a good sweat. But a sweet sweat, if you know what I mean.

Other than dancing, I try to hit the treadmill and least 5 days a week for 30 - 40 minutes. I don't like the gym scene - so that's out for me. I tried yoga - but I'm not a yoga gal either. So my own personal challenge is to find one other activity that I'm passionate about that would qualify as exercise. And once you find the passion folks, you will see how easy it is to stick to your exercise routine.

Body wellness and exercise go hand in hand. I read in Prevention Magazine eons ago that a person's ability to do well on a treadmill test is a strong predictor of mortality... Take note everyone and "Get up off of thang..." See you on the dance floor?

Thanks To : Save up to 40% on Our Bestselling Fitness Products

No comments:

Post a Comment